ABOUT PLEASANT PLACES GUESTHOUSE
Pleasant Places Guesthouse was established in 1997. The 4 star Guesthouse has been completely renovated, in September 2017, with all rooms and public spaces redesigned and updated by an award winning interior decorator. Each room has been created to have its own unique look and feel, yet reflects a consistent, understated elegant style in a beautiful country setting. The emphasis throughout is on comfort and luxury in a completely relaxing and tranquil environment. Pleasant Places Guesthouse is situated centrally in the Midlands Meander and is ideally located for:
- Weddings & Conferences – Lythwood Lodge(4.5km), Granny Mouse’s Country House(6km), Lastingham Guest House (6km), Woodridge Country Estate (10km), The Orchards Wedding Venue (9km).
- Local schools – Michaelhouse, Hilton College, St Anne’s College, Clifton School, Maritzburg College.
- Major Sporting fixtures – Comrades Marathon, Midmar Mile, Nelson Mandela Marathon, various mountain bike, trail run and triathlon events.
- Nelson Mandela capture site (15km).
- Midlands Meander Arts & Crafts Route.
- Golfers can arrange a game on the nearby Bosch Hoek Golf Club, known as one of the prettiest in the country or at the Sakabula Club in Howick.
Pleasant Places is an exceptional guesthouse that will delight all your senses
There are many reasons to enjoy a wonderful stay at Pleasant Places and whether the initial reason for your stay is an occasion, sporting event, school function, the various attractions of the Midlands Meander or simply to unwind and escape the stresses of daily routine you will be able to relax and find yourself rejuvenated in our tranquil valley in the countryside. Stroll down through the pastures below the house to the Lions River or enjoy a leisurely walk around our 16 hectare property, enjoying some of the spectacular scenery.
Relax in the garden and watch or simply listen to the abundant birdlife. There are a large variety of trees in the garden, as well as the pine forest along the river and the Blue gum forest higher up. These are home to numerous species of birds to delight keen bird watchers.